If you have been offered admission by the Department of Architecture, the next steps in the process are:
- Submit an Undergraduate Admission Confirmation Form (accept, decline, defer) to the Department of Architecture - May 1 deadline
- Submit an Intent to Register form to the UO & sign up for a UO Orientation - both found on the UO Admissions checklist
- Join the Architecture Undergraduate Student Facebook page!
- For international students, review the International Student Checklist
- UO Admissions (firstname.lastname@example.org) will check for required admission materials. Once this process has been finalized, UO Admissions will send an additional admission letter (paper copy) to the address you listed on your application
- Questions or issues regarding your UO Student ID or PAC number, may be directed to email@example.com
- Your major will eventually be changed, by UO Admissions, from Undeclared to Arch or IARC no later than fall term
- Review the rest of this website for relevant new student instructions and related links
This list serves as an informative help guide and is not intended to be an all-inclusive list. Be sure and follow additional instructions as directed by the UO, Financial Aid, UO Admissions, UO Registrar's, UO Global, Department of Architecture, etc.
New Student questions for the Department of Achitecture? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-346-1740 or SKYPE us at UOARCHRecruiter
Confirm Acceptance of Admission Offer with both the UO & the Department of Architecture
Sign up for a UO Student Orientation & Academic Advising Session
Students will meet with an advisor from Architecture as part of the IntroDUCKtion and Week of Welcome program.
Students admitted for fall term who were unable to attend IntroDUCKtion during the summer will need to attend the final remaining orientation session during Week of Welcome. Registration for this session can be completed via DuckWeb. Orientation is a university requirement, so if you did not attend an IntroDUCKtion session, you must attend WOW Orientation to start classes in the fall.
Questions? Contact Student Orientation Programs at email@example.com or 541.346.1167.
New Students need to register for ARCH 201 (Architecture majors) or IARC 204 (Interior Architecture majors) for fall term.
- Current UO students are able to register for Arch 201 or IARC 204 per their assigned fall term registration priority schedule
- New students will register for classes (including Arch 201 or IARC 204) as part of their IntroDUCKtion advising session
Currently Enrolled UO Students and Non-Degree Seeking Exchange Students Admitted to the Architecture / Interior Architecture Program
- Currently Enrolled UO students and non-degree seeking Exchange undergraduate students admitted to the Architecture or Interior Architecture program need to submit an Appointment Request Form in order to schedule an appointment to meet with an academic advisor for registration.
Architecture / Interior Architecture Major Code in Duck Web
- The degree audit system in duck web may not show the Architecture/Interior Architecture major immediately after admission. The Registrar's Office will update the major prior to the start term.
Registration, Schedule of Classes, Academic Calendars
- Claim your DUCK ID
- How to Reset Your PAC/Forgot Your PAC
- Duck Web
- Schedule of Classes (see Arch and IARC subjects)
- Register for classes (Duck Web)
- Academic Calendars
- Duck Store (text books and supplies)
Mandatory Hardware and Software Requirements
- All students in the Department of Architecture are required to have a personal computer. The most current specifications are available on the AAA Technology Services website
- Please pay close attention to the MANDATORY hardware and software requirements. Aside from the computer requirement, there is a listing of specific software on this page.
Professional Outreach for Students
Resources and Forms
- UO Admissions
- Current Students - Architecture/Interior Architecture
- Department of Architecture Computing Requirements
- Studio Supply List
- Materials Resources Center
- UO Duck Store
- Facebook - Architecture
- Twitter - Architecture
- A&AA Maps
- Department of Architecture Student Housing Blog (email firstname.lastname@example.org to post to the blog)
- Housing Options for International Students
- ASUO Rental Directory
- University Housing
UO Tuition & Financial Aid
(Architecture scholarships are available for currently enrolled majors only)
- UO Financial Aid & Scholarships
- UO Tuition Costs - select Undergraduate (A&AA Studio) for student classification
- UO Residency Policy
- Department of Architecture Student Employment Opportunities
- Student employment search for campus jobs
- UO Mobile App
- New UO Students
- Equity & Inclusion
- Accessible Education Center
- Immunization Information
- UO Student ID Card & Uses & UO ID Card Selfie
- Information Services/Information Technology
- Health Insurance
- International Affairs
- Internation Student Orientations
- Campus Maps & Parking
- Things to do in Eugene (TripAdvisor)
The Department of Architecture office is open Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. and is located at 210 Lawrence Hall.