New Graduate Students Offered Admission for 2017 - You're Invited!
We welcome admitted Architecture and Interior Architecture graduate applicants to Grad Day to visit the department, learn about faculty research and scholarship, hear about the programs and opportunities, visit studios and research laboratories, and meet potential classmates. We have a full day planned for you, including meeting our current students. We encourage you to visit and learn how we plan to support your educational goals!
If you are planning to attend both the Portland Grad Day and Eugene Grad Day event, please send an RSVP to each event.
2017 Grad Day in Portland: Friday, April 7, 10:00 AM
All of the Portland Grad Day events will take place at the UO Portland.
Location: White Stag Building, 70 NW Couch Street, Portland 97209
PORTLAND RSVP: Yes, I'm planning to attend!
Portland Visit Resources:
- Portland Accommodations, Transportation, Parking
- UO Portland Maps and Directions
- Graduate Student Resources
- 9:30 a.m. Check-in (4th Floor)
- 10:00 a.m. Program Overview & Discussion - 4th Floor - Brook Muller, Dr. Hajo Neis, Gerry Gast, Nico Larco, Don Genasci
- 11:00 a.m. Tour of Facilities - lead by current graduate students
- 12:00 p.m. Student-Faculty Lunch - All current and current visiting prospective students are invited
- 1:00 p.m. Pre-Advising Session with Alison Kwok, Graduate Director and Emily Williams, Manager of Student Services
- 2:00 p.m. Design Studios - Overview of current work
- 3:00 p.m. Walking Tour of Old Town/Chinatown Neighborhood
- 5:00 p.m. TBD Social Event (no host)
Portland Grad Day Questions? Contact email@example.com or 541-346-3656
2017 Grad Day in Eugene: Monday, April 10, 10:00 AM
All of the Eugene Grad Day events will take place at the University of Oregon.
Location: Department of Architecture, 1206 University of Oregon, Lawrence Hall, Eugene 97403
EUGENE RSVP: Yes, I'm planning to attend!
Eugene Visit Resources:
- Eugene Accommodations, Transportation, Parking
- UO Campus Map & UO Mobile
- Architecture (Lawrence Hall) Map
- Graduate Student Resources
- UO Campus Tours
9:30 a.m. Check-in (206 Lawrence Hall)
10:00 a.m. Introductions and Welcome - Judith Sheine, Alison Kwok, Linda Zimmer, Emily Williams
11:00 a.m. Prospective Student Introductions
11:30 - 12:30 Department Orientation
12:30 – 2:00 p.m. Lunch with faculty and UO graduate students (provided)
2:00 – 4:45 p.m. Tours
5:00 p.m. Social Event (no host) at McMenamins E 19th. The tours are scheduled to end at the social event location.
For questions about the program or for more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 541-346-1740.
Friendly Reminder: The Ecological Design Center’s H.O.P.E.S. (Holistic Options for Planet Earth Sustainability) Conference takes place in April. The HOPES conference is the largest student run conference on sustainability in the world. Since its creation in 1995, the H.O.P.E.S. Conference has remained the only ecological design conference developed and managed by students. HOPES features nationally recognized keynote speakers, expert panel discussions, hands-on workshops, green business expo, a 24-hour design charrette, environmental art, and more!